Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Suhair Sibai






Artist Suhair Sibai
Syria, 1956




Division and displacement of the "self" within society is the driving force to my work. In simple I am in search of the authentic self. All the while the "subject" of my painting indulge a life of isolation through the juxtaposition of parallel worlds of the familiar and the fabricated, as true self is then concealed incessantly.  Though the female form is the conduit for my work, "she" is simply a mere vehicle, while my intent is to uncover a sense of universal truth, transcending any boundaries of gender, place or time.  The colors are emotionally charged arousing euphoria, intentionally contradicting the dim and melancholic narrative of the work, to compound feelings of alienation. As the large scale of the work aim to "involve" the viewer in the narrative. I am a full-time fine artist. My work resides in private and public collections in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Paris, London, Dubai, Damascus and elsewhere.











































Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 6:36 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About