Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mark Braithwaite


Artist Mark Braithwaite
York, 1970







"Captivated by the vibrant colours used by the Impressionists and the refined drawing skills of the Renaissance artists I studied their work and techniques of artists such as  Renoir, Manet, Raphael, and Botticelli.  Mark Braithwaite  My work is easily recognisable by its intense colour, subtle alteration of perspective and intricate attention to detail. Recent work follows a long fascination with the effects of changing weather and light conditions - reflections, shadows and unusual colours. The preferred medium of my earlier work was acrylic on canvas; ideally suited to my photo-realistic style, the influences of the Impressionist and Renaissance artists are much in evidence. Concealed in each of his landscape pictures is 'Lucy' - my black cat trademark. More recent landscape has been painted in watercolour. My "Lost Connection" series of paintings, featuring the disappearing red telephone box, has received much acclaim. My figurative work is painted in oil on canvas, using intense light and shadow to create exciting and atmospheric images. I have recently rekindled an earlier passion for detailed pencil sketching."







Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 10:46 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About