Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sukiasian Grant





Artist Sukiasian Grant 
Kirovakan, Armenia, 1962






It was his mother who gave him his first drawing lessons. It was she who let him to go to the School of Arts beside of the school of base education.  After that he entered the Terlizian School of Arts in Erevan, where he studied from 1978 to 1986 and graduated with a first-class degree.  Grant wanted to continue his education, and he entered the ceramics department of the "Erevan Theater and Art High school", where he studied from 1986 till 1992. His degree work still decorates one of the chambers of the Erevan "House of the Youth". (In the Wedding Chamber there is a decorative work with a symbolical image of hands of young people together).  After his study, Grant had his first success. 

 'In my paintings, I show fairytales, my dreams. I can see my dream in details and later show in paintings. In the work 'Dream' e.g., you see a sleeping figure, surrounded with a dream of love, floating, movement. When I paint, I think about nothing, disconnecting from the real world. Entering my studio, I first of all turn on the music, it is important for me to hear music all the time. I prefer to paint with modern jazz at the background.  For an artist, it does not matter, where he lives, and that is why Erevan, where I learned painting, is always with me, just like my name and my origin. I had to leave Armenia at the moment when it was not only impossible to paint there, but even impossible to exist.' 


























Ditulis Oleh : Unknown // 2:59 AM
Kategori:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About